Monday 31 May 2010

Pucon, Chile

So we were suppose to leave Pucon on Friday, but my mate Jo and I decided to stay a bit longer.  The town is so beautiful, from every where you can see the snow capped volcano.  Pucon is also in Chile´s lake district, and there are something like 10 to 15 large lakes in the area, and tons of other tall volcanos which aren´t active.  Did I mention the volcano we were suppose to hike the other day is an active one?  From my bedroom window between 5 and 6am I can see the top section of the volcano glowing from the lava, without even getting out of bed . . . how amazing is that?

Yesterday, Phillipe drove Jo and me over to check out another lake, it was so beautiful!  Only problem was I lent my camera to Ruben cause he was guiding a group up the volcano, so no photos, but I think Jo got a few good ones which hopefully she´ll share with me!

Weather is still cool, but the clouds are much higher and so if you´re in the sun it doesn´t feel so bad.

1 comment:

  1. tried to call...using both numbers...no luck...sorry. looks to me that you are near two volcanos that are way over 2,000 meters...more likie 3000 plus! enjoy your visit there. love, DAD

    ReplyDelete