Sunday 9 May 2010

Queentown, NZ Part 4

Today was horseback riding in Glenorchy, about 45 minutes outside of Queenstown, where much of Lord of the Rings was filmed.  I was hoping to take lots of photos, but seeing as I was riding a horse & we were busy trotting & cantering around the rivers edge.  We also were crossing rivers, where even on a clidesdale  who is 18 hands tall, my feet were getting wet - for those who don't know it's a bloody tall horse, making my point that even on a tall horse I got wet aka the river was deep!

It was amazing - I loved every minute of it!!  Plus the group I went with was Elle, our group leader and me.  Yes, that's correct I got a personal tour, so we were able to trot & canter instead of just walking - it was FABULOUS!!  Thank you Dart River Stables for a wonderful afternoon!

This photo was taken just as Charlie (brown horse) was turning to bite Drum on the nose, apparently he was a bit jealous of all the photos being taken.

1 comment:

  1. So glad your ride was great. Remember Jake? do love those Clydesdales. They're awesome.

    ReplyDelete