Tuesday 18 May 2010

Rotorura, New Zealand

Well I just officially applied for my job as a Research Associate at University of Massachusetts (I think I spelled that right . . . gonna have to learn that one!) Medical School so I can work with the former director of Trudeau Institute, Dr. Swain. She does flu research, of which I know little to nothing about. On the plus side her 2 post docs, Tara & Kai, whom are mates of mine are moving to Mass with her, so at least I'll have 2 friends :-)

On the leg front it's def getting better, just so freakin slow. Goes to show I should have gotten stitches when it happened, but then again that would have been from unsterilised needles in PNG, and goodness only knows what I would look like now if that'd been the case, maybe getting my leg amputated at this point!

I leave New Zealand on May 23rd for Chile and end up in Brazil on June 20th, then on to JFK :-)

Well I better go get some lunch now and see what Rotorura has to offer which doesn't risk introducing an infection into my leg . . . so far all I've seen are mud baths, thermal spas, etc etc Luckily tomorrow I'm off to Auckland, so I won't be tempted to take a dip in the spas!

2 comments:

  1. great write ups and pics....love DAD

    ReplyDelete
  2. your dedication in keeping this journal going is just great. Your photos are amazing. Glad you had a chance to apply for the job! Thanks for your message. Sorry. I was in bed watching tv. Love, MommiO

    ReplyDelete