Sunday 13 December 2009

Introducing Penelope . . .

Hi everyone, my name’s Penelope, but you can call me Penny for short.  My owner, Sara, named me Penny for two reasons, one after a horse – don’t ask me why cause last time I checked I didn’t look like a grey mare at all, but then again my owner is naturally blond, so maybe that has something to do with it, but her other reason which I’m a much bigger fan of is that she’s loves the expression, “find a penny pick it up & all day long you’ll have good luck” so I like to think she named me after the expression cause she feels I bring her luck :-)

I doubt many of you realise, but I’m actually still living in the USA, I’ve been hanging out in a storage unit in Schroon Lake for a while now, just waiting for her to return & start camping again . . . I’m still not exactly clear where we’re going camping next, but Sara’s dad came by to get me the other day & has put a few of his clothes in me, put me in the car & we drove to New York City.  This is the most posh camping trip I’ve ever been on & to be honest I’m feeling a bit useless.  Dad just placed me in a corner of this very swoosh flat in Manhattan and hasn’t come back since.  I hope I didn’t just get sold, I thought I’d heard Dad say something about going to London to see Sara, but maybe I got confused?

Well back to enjoying the quiet corner of my Manhattan flat . . .

2 comments:

  1. What a wonderful introduction to Penny. Love her (your) writing. Wow! Would Nancy ever be impressed, right?

    ReplyDelete