Wednesday 23 June 2010

Montevideo & Salto, Uraguay

So I know it's been forever since I last updated & I apologise for that, but the internet connections in Argentina & Brazil were not the greatest & since I was limited on time I didn't want to waste an hour in an internet cafe updating the blog, so I'm going to try to give a few short updates over the next week or so, so you can see how the trip ended up.

Last time I wrote I was headed to Montevideo, the capital of Uruguay.  We arrived there safely, settled into our cold hotel room and went out for Chinese.  The service was horrible but the food was tasty.  The following morning I went on an organised city tour, which was very cool!  I got to see the first world cup stadium (football/soccer) which is just outside the city centre and it was for the 1950 match.  We also got to see the beaches and the old city centre with it's cobble stone streets and section of the old city wall which they've saved.

From Montevideo, we headed north west to Salto, Uruguay.  We spent a day &  a half there, which from my point of view is more than enough time.  It's a town known for it's spas and not much else past that!

The following day we headed back into Argentina to see the Iguassu Falls . . . more on that later

No comments:

Post a Comment