Thursday 21 January 2010

Day 1 - Kigali, Rwanda

Well both flights left on time & arrived early, maybe Sara should travel with me all the time, since most of you will remember those days when she couldn't get a flight to arrive on time no matter what she did :-)

The night in Nairobi was uneventful, Sara spent most of her time watching the Arsenal v Bolton match, which went on till nearly 1am!  In usual fashion she was excited & couldn't sleep, but once she finally did it must have felt like no time at all before the alarm went off at 04.45 to shower, check out, & head to the airport for the 08.00 flight to Kigali with Kenya Airways.

Landed safely in Kigali, but took the staff for ever to bring me over to the baggage claim, but once there I saw Sara awaiting my arrival which was very nice.  A few minutes later I was introduced to a nice man named Emmanuel who seems to know Sara already & another man named Joseph, who she's probably only met once or twice.  The men took us to the Iris Guesthouse, where Christoph met us with a huge smile & showed us to our room.  Sara immediately took off her trainers & opened me up to find her summer shoes.  The weather here is very sunny with quite a bit of haze, but still very warm.  Sara, Emmanuel and Joseph then left for the office saying something about meetings & organising their week - I think I'm having more fun relaxing in the room than she is, but for some reason she seemed eager to go to these meetings . . . humans I'll just never understand them I guess!

Well I better get back to my nap before those meeting goers get back.

1 comment:

  1. BP: (can't remember your name): you're missing all the fun - you should be with Sara constantly.....

    ReplyDelete