Saturday 16 January 2010

4 days till take off

As requested Penny and I will share the writting of this blog. Since she last wrote, I've had a practice packing session to find out if everything was going to fit . . . it did on the first try :) I've given away even more stuff from my flat, you'd be amazed at how much one person can accumulate over just 4.5 years! I've sorted out my electric, gas, council tax, and water bills. I booked my appointment with the landlord agency for a final walk through. I've gotten my passport back with a few more visas. Sold my telly. Now all that's really left is the cleaning of windows, curtains, and getting rid of my mattress which is scheduled for Monday morning. Last night was my leaving do at The Old Crown. It was lots of fun to see everyone for one last time! AND today I was asked to join the board for the Itafari Foundation and I accepted. So now I've got a few things I need to get done when I'm in Rwanda. I'm going to check out the cooperatives, see how they're doing and write up a report. I'm very excited about this cause as much as I think the building of a school is important, I loved going out to the villages and speaking with them about life. So that's a preview of what I hope to be blogging about later this week! Okay, gotta run, that's all for now.

No comments:

Post a Comment